Contributing to the community#
Contributions are very welcome!
This chapter explains how to contribute to ESMValTool. We greatly value contributions of any kind. Contributions could include, but are not limited to documentation improvements, bug reports, new or improved diagnostic code, scientific and technical code reviews, infrastructure improvements, maintenance of recipes, mailing list and chat participation, community help/building, education and outreach.
If you have a bug or other issue to report, please open an issue on the issues tab on the ESMValTool github repository.
In case anything is unclear feel free to contact us for more information and help, e.g. on our GitHub Discussions page.
- Contributing code and documentation
- Contributing a diagnostic or recipe
- Policy on backward compatibility
- Broken recipe policy
- Contributing a dataset
- Supporting multiple dataset versions
- Contributing a review
- Maintaining a recipe
- Upgrading a namelist to a recipe
- GitHub workflow
- Moving work from the private to the public repository
- Release strategy and procedures